Sumner County, TN Possible World Record shot with Knight DISC Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smyrnagc

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I am sure you guys have been reading about the deer that was shot in Sumner County Tennessee recently that could possibly be a new non-typical world record. It was shot with a Knight DISC muzzleloader. Sumner County is 30 minutes from me. Who says TN doesn't have big deer!!!

Here is the video from Field & Stream:

https://www.facebook.com/fieldandstream ... 193468686/

That's amazing that he got a second chance on a deer like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is crazy! What are the odds of seeing that deer in the day, and more than once? Congrats to him. What a buck!

Sounds like he needs a Bestill plug :lol:

Wow how sick to his stomach do you think he was after that first click!!! Cool he got a second chance.

halloflin said:
I am sure you guys have been reading about the deer that was shot in Sumner County 30 minutes from me. Who says TN doesn't have big deer!!!
New World Record - 312" (Nov.7, 2016)

Hal, You are correct a about big deer - he's done it again in 2017. This time with a 475gr HP conical...
Scored 148+ and weighted right at 200 pounds.

Good luck out there Hal!

Attachments

• Stephen T 2106 WR Cole.JPG
    Stephen T 2106 WR Cole.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Stephen T 2017 a .JPG
    Stephen T 2017 a .JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 367
  • Stephen T 2017 b.JPG
    Stephen T 2017 b.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 367
Thanks...He sure is on a great piece of property. We are just in the front end of rut kicking in and I am actually off until next Friday "gettin after em!"

What a buck!! My dad has always said that BIG Whitetail bucks can live and die of old age in people’s backyards without them ever knowing they existed, After hunting them for 6-7 years now I absolutely believe that to be true with Whitetail! I have a Boone & Crockett book on Whitetail deer with authors like Larry Weishuhn (Mr. Whitetail) and several other well noted Whitetail hunters, Several of them claim that some of the very largest perfect racked bucks are actually Non Breeder bucks? Hunting Mature Whitetail bucks is without a doubt my favorite hunt! The absolute best way i have found to hunt them is actually quite boring, Sit and watch. Try and track hunt them down like Mule deer and Blacktail, a Mature Whitetail buck will take you to School and make you look like a fool!

I personally have no clue about mature bucks. Yes almosy every opening Saturday I shoot a decent Buck. But nothing I would consider a trophy. Where they go after that first Saturday absolutely blows my mind. I'm lucky enough to live in a place where every night starting after the season I can see 15 to 20 deer on my field feeding and doing what deer do but every night when I sit and watch my binoculars as a Sun is setting it's always all does. Last night there was 15 Doe's out in the front yard, and there was three Doe's at the feeder in the backyard. Where in the world are these bucks? It's something I've yet to figure out and who knows if I ever will. I know these Doe's don't have babies on their own. There's got to be bucks around somewhere?

Where I hunt in bluff country we have long sidehills full of dense cedar shrub. I've sat on stand and watched across a valley with the binocs as deer crawled thru shrub, literally, to elude hunters. The hunters would be absolute fools to even think about trying to worm their way thru this stuff. Coming and going to the stand I hunt I pass just such a tickets and its not unusual to bounce a deer out the high side, out of vision's way. The edges of these thickets are full of rubs so bucks obviously use the areas. Smart deer will cozy down in this stuff and just stay put and will go un-noticed.

Further to my east in the Whitewater Valley there are extensive swamps near game refuges where no hunting can be done. The refuges hold the general masses but those swamps are another fool's party to hunt and the big bucks know that they're pretty safe out in the middle of them.

I'm pretty much in Mossy's world with collecting a buck...just none with huge antlers. Big body, yes. I hunt two tags and can take two does which is fine with me, but if some horns come along, well ya'll know how antlers and testosterone get along. lol

Latest posts

Back