2:20 pm, Saturday the 4th

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
....this guy stopped in the wrong spot at 35 yards. .44 xtp, 300 grainer. 77 grains weighed of BH209. Acura v2

ZoLfUW6.jpg

Great going there Tom, congrats.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

That a boy! Those racks sure are darker in your corner of the state

The rack on this deer looks like someone rubbed it down with wood stain. The picture doesn't show it much but man its dark.

I woke up this morning in A'Fib and it was raining so hunting today went right in the toilet for me. I have a bonus antlerless tag but really won't need the extra meat unless I decide to make some ring bologna or more cut jerky.

It hasn't been raining for a second day so this afternoon I hiked back up the mountain to hunt and got in my stand at almost the same identical time that I got my buck on Saturday. I was tagging my bonus deer at 3:00, so a short day of hunting. She dropped right in her tracks like the buck and was right on the edge of a steep drop that ends on a road so my drag was just as quick. Love it when things come together.

Nice buck, congrats!(and good job on the slick) I killed a nice chocolate rack 9 with my MK-85 6-7yrs back. Dark racks are cool for sure. We don't see em much around here... I almost had a chance at a big one last year, hope to see him again this yr! :yeah:

Congrats..
He sure did stop at the wrong spot.

Nice work! So are you done for the season now?

03mossy said:
Nice work! So are you done for the season now?

The doe was an 80yard shot and I was loaded with a 300 grain deep curl, same everything else. In the neck and angled down thru the very front of the chest/opposite shoulder at the knee. Exit wound was fifty cent piece sized hole but the whole shoulder wasn't messed up, just a couple inches around the exit hole.

Yup, I'm finito. Going to get started on the sausage now. And get back to crappie fishing. We went to the mountain to retrieve our chairs and other personal stuff from the stands, but hit the Mississippi River in a marina first and jigged crappies off the docks. Caught 13 that taped out at 12" or better. Fine, fine dining on that mess. Love the hunting, but I also love the fall fishing. Thank God I am retired so I don't have to call in healthy anymore.

Back