I'm a DWB!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Deer Man

Reaction score
Tomorrow UPS is delivering my White Tominator. It's my first White ML and I can't wait to get out and shoot it.

Anyone have any load suggestions for me? I'm using the nickle plated #6 shot.

Thanks
Johnny

80 grains of Triple Seven 2f. If small game and bird, a 2 3/4 inch wad will work. Then with a new wad, that much more shot. Then a fiber over the shot card and that should be good. Its what I use in my Knight TK2000 for grouse and bunnies. For turkey I use 80 grains of the same powder and a 3 1/2 inch hard plastic wad. Then the same amount of 5&6 shot and finally an over the shot card. That is a good turkey load. Now these are what I use in my Knight but your White should be close to that.

In my Thunder shotgun (same as the Tominator) I use 75gr. volume of 2Fg triple seven a foam wad then a ribbed shotcup cut down three sides, 1 1/8oz. of magnum lead #6 shot and a card wad on top. That load will knock a squirrel up to 35 yds., any closer an you will be picking shot out of the meat.

The White shotguns have a straight rifling in the barrel, don't know about the Knight TK. That's the reason for the ribbed shotcup.

I also bedded the action on my shotgun you might want to do the same. They use a Hasting choke if you want to hunt different game/different ranges. I mainly use the extra full choke for squirrels.

You will love the shotgun!! It's my go to small game getter!!

Congrats and welcome to the DWB's!!

Dirty white boy.

A white rifle enthusiast

I'm one too then!! I own five and always looking for another. I may not leave my kids and grandkids any money when I die, but they'll have Whites and chainsaws to fight over;)

Idaholewis said:
cayuga said:
80 grains of Triple Seven 2f. If small game and bird, a 2 3/4 inch wad will work. Then with a new wad, that much more shot. Then a fiber over the shot card and that should be good. Its what I use in my Knight TK2000 for grouse and bunnies. For turkey I use 80 grains of the same powder and a 3 1/2 inch hard plastic wad. Then the same amount of 5&6 shot and finally an over the shot card. That is a good turkey load. Now these are what I use in my Knight but your White should be close to that.

Sure is neat to go through these forums and read Mr Dave Anderson's Posts, Absolute wealth of knowledge! RIP Ole buddy, You are missed!!

I have to wonder what will happen with all of his guns. Hope the family keeps them...

Wasn't it something like 50+ I thought he once said

He's probably scouting out the big one up above as we speak

Back