got another one and tagged out early.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerlover

Reaction score
Well, I was up in my tree saddle yesterday morning hanging 25 ft up at 7 am, first light came and brought quite a bit of action, had a doe walk right in front of me at a snails pace directly down wind, and she hung up for about 2O minutes right in front of me, think she smelled my leather gloves but never spooked, then this really nice tall 6 point i passed on the night before came and chased her off, had him at about 15 yards broad side, then this goofy ol basket 8 walked by, then a different doe came in, all straight down wind mind you. Watched a couple turkey wander out of the woods across the field into the brush about 8 then things got quiet for about an hour. I tipped the bleat can a couple times about 9 am, this guy came in behind me didn't even hear him coming saw him at about 20 yards decided he was a shooter, grabbed my bow and was about to blat and stop him but he hung up on his own where that first doe stopped right by me and turned broadside to smell her track at 25 yards, I pulled back, took a breath, and let it fly, shot was true hit him perfectly, grizz trick did its job, he took only one bound, stopped looked around, and toppled over 15 yards from where my arrow was laying. not a huge ol deer by any means but a decent rack, 14.25" inside spread. had corn in his belly, nearest corn field is about a mile away so he wasn't true local, came from the other way where the other bucks usually come from, anyway. tagged out.. still have a doe tag.. just ordered a new mountaineer 45 too haha but hey, I'm already scouting for next year and I might go out near the new year to fill that doe tag we'll see. thanks good luck out there yall.

Attachments

• DEER 2 2017.jpg
    DEER 2 2017.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 238
  • DEER 2 IN THE TRUCK.jpg
    DEER 2 IN THE TRUCK.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 237
Congrats!!

Couldn't resist the temptation on that .45 Mountaineer sale any longer? :yeah:

Good job! How do you like that Mathews Halon? Looks like the longer version?

Latest posts

Back