White Thunderbolt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the M98 was built before the Thunderbolt. Basically the Thunderbolt is the M98 with the notch cut out to accommodate the bolt.

We're any of the thunderbolts actually sold without the reduced length firing pin and lock screw ?

Underclock would know, he made a comment about it on the old DWB White board. Is he ever around here anymore?

wallyp keep me in mind if you do decide to sell some whites down the road, my brother is retireing from the marines next summer would like to pick him up a white as a welcome home gift.

I am having trouble getting pictures to load. I will try again Saturday. Any help on how to do that would help thanks.

Blink eyes three times and keep your fingers crossed is what I do !

I have managed to find a .410 and a .45 but still lacking a .504 to complete a set . I would love to find one of these rifles. If anyone has any info where I might find a Thunderbolt .504 I would very much appreciate the info .

Thanks Doug

Nope not yet I have not had time . I've been working 14 to 16 hour days. When you own your own business you can come and go as you please . LOL YA RIGHT ! ! !

In my local gun shop they have their consignment muzzleloaders stacked out on the floor. They usually start out with a pretty high price but then they languish there for months. ML's just don't seem to have a market around here and resale is poor at best. That's how I found my M97 it had been sitting there for months, of course it was missing vital parts, and no one in the shop knew anything about a White. They thought it was a good rifle but no one knew anything about them. I can't say I knew anything either, but I could see it was in good shape and the bore was good, so I made an offer, a really low offer. I'm not going to reveal the numbers cuz from what I see here it might cause many members great distress. Well OK, I'll just say, well under $200. So I'm thrilled, most of my gun trades and deals don't go like that.

I think it is a function of geography and restrictive ML regs. I don't know if the numbers of ML hunters has increased much in this state but when I first started hunting ML in Colorado there was only about 14,000 licenses issued. With about 66 million acres of public land to spread them out in, it was an insignificant impact to hunting in the state. Even if that has quadrupled still not much of an impact and I think over regulated by the GF&P. When I started you got a license and it was good statewide, since then it limited by GMU and the season has been shortened. Jumping thru the hoops these days to get a ML license has changed, and I'm not sure it was necessary. I don't plan to hunt elk with a ML anymore, but deer is a different story. I plan to switch over to only hunting deer with a ML in coming years and I plan on the White being that rifle.

I wouldn't hesitate to hunt Elk with that .451 White of yours especially if you use a 465gr conical. 70-75gr of 777-3F or the likes will put any Elk on the ground for you.

Latest posts

Back