I might need a 12 Step Intervention

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satokad

Reaction score
I can't quite explain it, but I am having way too much trouble passing up good BP deals. Today, I picked up a Traditions Pietta Navy 1851 44 Cal ReadyPak kit for $179. The package was opened for the pistol to be put in a display case, and then the capper was missing. That was marked down $100 for an open package, a missing capper, and a few fingerprints.
Before you know it, I'll be building a Black Powder lab in a trailer in the forest. Wish I had started down this road several years ago.

I like firearm 'projects' too. A recent acquisition was a Browning A-5 'Mag 12' with a 32" fixed choke barrel, fine shape. The price was good. I now have the barrel sent off to be shortened, and tapped for Chokes, then bought a few 'friction' components and a spring. I guess I'm into it a bit more than the initial price.

I've had the A-5 on my radar awhile, this may scratch the itch enough. OBTW, this is a 1982 vintage gun from Japan, so not an older Belgium gun.

I appreciate your willingness to help a stranger out. :)

:D Thats what these forums are for. Everyone here has the same problem (though some are better with self control) I think it just taps in to the obsessive compulsive human nature. Let us know how the pistol works out. A ruger old army has been on my bucket list for a while

Back