Oak Ridge Long Range Muzzle Loading XXXI

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
March 29-30, 2018
Adding a Volunteer rifle match this year (200-600), LR to 1000.

Attachments

• 2018 OR LRML.jpg
    2018 OR LRML.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 463
  • Whit Bill B.jpg
    Whit Bill B.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 406
This will be my first shoot so does one need to pre register for this ? And does anyone have a picture or size of loading table is too be, for I will have to build one. Thanks .

If I was you . I would Contact 52 bore with private message. there is a pre registration . He is only accepting I think 48 shooters

wildcat2 said:
This will be my first shoot so does one need to pre register for this ? And does anyone have a picture or size of loading table is too be, for I will have to build one. Thanks .
Yes, send me a PM.
As for tables, they vary like clothes. Just something safe so your rifle is held upright so it doesn't fall over. I'll see if I have any group action photos that might have some tables..

I have a lot of group and shooter photos, but not many of the tables.
This scissor type in increasing in popularity, small, folds up, etc..

a little bit of everything..

I'll keep looking...

Attachments

• Oak Ridge 200t.JPG
    Oak Ridge 200t.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 460
  • ORSA 10 07 300f.jpg
    ORSA 10 07 300f.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 460
  • BPCR Mag LRML Cover.jpg
    BPCR Mag LRML Cover.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 458
Thanks 52Bore, for some pics,I just wanted a idea of how much room we had at theline.like I said I wood bring or make at least two or three to have for any of the international shooter's to use. Pm me as how to register and a good motel to stay at .I have put my hole last year of energy and fun into building this hennry rifle. And to come to Oakridge and participate is paramount to me. Thanks. OH yes at my age now I never use the phrase " well maybe next year".

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I'd also like some info on how to register . Thanks Rick
I got your PM and sent a reply and info in an email..

Rick is your match full yet ? I want to go bad but not sure it's even possible . Are you going to Barry's match ?

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Rick is your match full yet ? I want to go bad but not sure it's even possible . Are you going to Barry's match ?
No and Yes.
I always have the last weekend in March - this year it's Easter (like every 7 years or so) and I moved it to Thursday-Friday (make Saturday a travel day). Both have caused the working regulars to decline this year. I bet we'll still have around 25 or so.

I want to go bad but have not gotten my gun from Joe yet . I need to call him again to try to make arrangements to get the gun . He along with everyone else (myself ) is busy . I very much look forward to shooting heavy lead . Lots and lots to learn

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I want to go bad but have not gotten my gun from Joe yet . I need to call him again to try to make arrangements to get the gun . He along with everyone else (myself ) is busy . I very much look forward to shooting heavy lead . Lots and lots to learn
If you don’t get your gun in time let me know . I have one you can borrow . I see they added a Volunteer , I have a Volunteer also if you wanted to go that route . Be getting kinda close time wise to get it to you but it’s possible.

Thank you Sharpshooter a very nice offer . I'd rather shoot my own gun if possible . Hard to do everything . I need to retire so I would have more time to play . Everyone going to the match good luck and Be safe !

27 shooters. Weather forecast was not good, but in 31; 2-day matches (62 days of shooting) - we've only had 1 day cancelled due to weather. Again, we got all the shooting in..

Who's this guy cutting paper at 1000?

Attachments

• 2018 1000 zshooters.jpg
    2018 1000 zshooters.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 2018 1000 DH 2.jpg
    2018 1000 DH 2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 2018 600 lines.jpg
    2018 600 lines.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 206
Yes this was my first shoot ,only getting the rifle done a few days prior to the shoot, and only a 200 setting at the most . I can't say enough about the help and support from all the shooters there. With a lock giving me trouble do to my home town gun smith. But Rod E. And the ret got it fixed good enough for me to shoot the 1000yds. My goul was to hit the target once,and I did that plus.the original guns their were fabulous. I can't wait utill next yesr. And I got a whole year to work on loads and my form and sight settings. It was nice to meet some guys from this forum. 45cal keep a smile on my face. Thanks to all. Rod is rebuilding my tumbler and should be back on here with some results and guestions.

I hated that your lock was acting up, but glad Rod was there to assist - just part of making the rifle and not enough time to test it - all in all glad you had a good time.
We'll be looking forward to your shooting results this year. Now you have to plan to go to Friendship - it's closer!

Looks like a lot of fun . Look forward to shooting in that match someday. Congratulations to everyone that attended

Latest posts

Back