What is the best route to try smokeless with a Encore?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link to the chrome addon is in that link too. Ive tested it also. Both work fine on both my systems.

GM54-120 said:
Link to the chrome addon is in that link too. Ive tested it also. Both work fine on both my systems.
I looked and it threw me a bit. Just below the Chrome link it says you need Firefox to don't load it. :huh?:

I added it once, but seems to work now. Time will tell. :wink:

Want to ask I have a encore 45/70 barrel so if I'm understanding this thread is I can have to converted to a muzzleloader barrel. Is that correct.

Rlsmith said:
Want to ask I have a encore 45/70 barrel so if I'm understanding this thread is I can have to converted to a muzzleloader barrel. Is that correct.

Yes, you will end up with a 45cal 1-20 twist ML barrel. The breach is threaded for a breach plug and i believe a new crown is cut. There are a couple breach plug styles 2 choose from including one that uses a 45/70 type LRMP module. You can prime those modules in a common press with the 45/70 shell holder plate.

If you look up Arrow Head, it’s a $185 bucks to have a 45/70 barrel converted to a .45cal muzzeloader.

Check your state regs when deciding on an ignition system. It's been mentioned on other sites that some states that allow a 209 primer smokeless muzzleloader don't allow a LRMP muzzleloader.

The LRMP Plug looks and sounds good but dam those little primer modules are exspensive. A 110 bucks for a 20pk is a little ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back