Boyd stock action screw

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have bought several Boyd Knight Stocks and the last few I have had issues with the grommet that the action screw secures the stock to the action. I'm thinking about replacing the grommet with a pillar and bedding the pillar in the stock. It really sucks to pay such a HIGH PRICE for a stock and have such a LOW QUALITY grommet to hold everything together. Any thoughts???????

Couldn't hurt anything with bedded pillars. Might even help the accuracy and maintaining zero. I take it your talking about a full one piece stock.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

I have done two stocks one knights and one Boyd stock witch or both Boyds with pillars and they hold zero very well and bedded just the lug area as well.

You're right... those plastic grommets gotta go...Aluminum pillars and bedding is what I do on all my Boyds stocks....I've done 8 and in the process of two more.
Zen

Re: RE: Re: Boyd stock action screw

Panhandle said:
You're right... those plastic grommets gotta go...Aluminum pillars and bedding is what I do on all my Boyds stocks....I've done 8 and in the process of two more.
Zen
I haven't had any trouble with mine so far but I think they use to make those out of metal years ago I think my white rifles are metal? I wish the knights had two action screws like the super 91's

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Yes, they where made of some kind of metal, but those new ones that come with the BOYD Stocks are JUNK. If someone knows where we can buy them I need about 8-10 of them.

sqezer said:
Yes, they where made of some kind of metal, but those new ones that come with the BOYD Stocks are JUNK. If someone knows where we can buy them I need about 8-10 of them.
I'll look into it probably will have to have them machined?

a1smokepole said:
Knight did sale the metal one # M090020 don't no about know.
I'll send justin a message see if they are available

Midwayusa
Front guard screw bushing Remington adl

These work well

bestill said:
Midwayusa
Front guard screw bushing Remington adl

These work well
Ordered some thanks !

Do you have any idea what the diameter they are. The Knight grommets I just got are .633 so I have a 16mm Forstner drill bit coming to open up the hole in the Boyd Stock.

sqezer said:
Do you have any idea what the diameter they are. The Knight grommets I just got are .633 so I have a 16mm Forstner drill bit coming to open up the hole in the Boyd Stock.
No but I should get them in the next day or two I can measure them for you

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Boyd stock action screw

muzzlestuffer said:
sqezer said:
No but I should get them in the next day or two I can measure them for you

I just got the new ones from midway here's the new
c617d3c6bd5d7b5618eca430cda6ec29.jpg

Here's the original from white obviously they are different diameter but the screw head taper is much different. Also a pic of both side by side.
21f24b9d71a909da35ec493222a7d01c.jpg
76486c2769980f567d805a0613edd0d1.jpg

Latest posts

Back