2016 Turkey Season primer...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
c861745e-00e0-43d8-8eb3-22b2e50674af_zpsaxftjbwy.jpg

I caught this bird on my trail cam yesterday.  This loner jake is likely staying away from the big spurs that are busy strutting their stuff.  
Last week I witnessed 3 long beards in a field circling, bumping and nudging one another for nearly an hour. Clearly they were sizing one another up. 
Massachusetts spring gobble season :shooter: starts on April 25th.   :)

I'll be heading to Missouri on the 16th to chase some "Longbeards".  I do love watching the jakes when they see my hen decoy.  Usually there are about 4 of them in a gang and they all want to start the breeding season.  My poor David Smith decoy has been mounted more time than I can count.  :bounce:

Maybe buy a turkey tag here next week and see about taking one with my smoke pole shotgun! MAYBE, the wind is supposed to be crap all week. Its fun putting up a metal roof and siding with 20+ MPH gusts!

South western and south central OK are pretty much overrun with wild turkeys, i see several nearly every time i'm in the blind. Few people here hunt them.

The game camera caught this guy a few years ago:

th_SUNP0467-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back