4 strokes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
I got a yamahammer, anybody use a honda or suzuki? What do you think of these?

I have a Johnson but I see alot more Yama's in the saltwater fleets out there than any other motor...which tells you something. Also, seems the Boat Rental places mostly use Yama's. In my opinion they are right up there with the Johnson! :lol: :lol:

I've got a Johnson and it preforms well but when I put the hammer down, it gets 3 miles/gallon :( . Thinnking of going to Honda but the 17,000 price tag for an equivalent size motor is holding me back :cry:

RAF, its amazing what prices OB's go for. Two years ago my lil 25 HP Johnson sold for $2,600 (non-elec start) 2 cycle.

When I blew the 120 HP Force on my Trophy (SECOND TIME), I priced a new 2-cycle 150 Merc (low end model) and it went for $12,000. :roll: Thats when I downsized to my 16' Lund. Got the whole package...boat, motor, & nice galvanized trailer for bout $6,000. It does everything I want to do. :D

I prefer 2 stroke engines, but then again I will admit that I am addicted to the smell of Sunoko 110 leaded race fuel mixed 40:1 with Klotz 2 stroke oil. I started just running it in my trail quad, but am to the point that I run that mix in chain saws and weed eaters.

It does get kinda expensive keeping that mix in the 115 Mercury on my parents boat, but thats OK because I do not take the boat out often at all

:D HTR, I'm with you on that 2 stroke smell! Sorta funny, some recent reports now say the the newer high tech 2's put out less emisions than the 4's. Go figure...sorta like 2% milk vs 1% vs Skim...lotta BS for sure. :lol:

Latest posts

Back