Aggressive robins?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Anyone have a robin or two that are aggressive towards other birds even though there are no nesting robins around? I have two males that sit on a fence like they are on patrol and chase away every bird that even comes close to one of our jelly feeders. And by chase, I’m talking these suckers will slam the other other birds. I’ve moved the jelly feeder twice now and regardless those two dinks find somewhere to sit and watch the feeder and as soon as any other bird sits down to eat, the feathered dive bomber lay into them. I’m about ready to pop these dinks. I’ve never seen this before. The Orioles and House Finches love the grape jelly along with a couple other species but this year for whatever reason these two robins seem to think this is their own private treat station. I'm thinking not if they can't get along with the birds I put the jelly out for.

my mom puts out grape jelly specifically for the robins, they love it. on a side note we have a robins nest with 3 babies right now seems kinda early here in wisconsin

My wife and I have witnessed 2 years in a row where Blue Jays will rob a baby robin from the nest and kill it on the ground even with the adult robins swarming it. The nesting birds like robins are likely on high alert for predator birds

My neighbor had one that would come every year and sit on the porch banister and attach himself in the glass of the entry door to the house until the neighbor put a plastic horned owl on the banister.

Back