Anyone Finding Quality Large Rifle/Large Rifle Magnum Primers Anywhere?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ordered from Rebublic Ammunition a few times. In February I got 4 pounds of IMR 4198, and last year I got some Winchester and Ginex LRP's. Their shipping can be a bit high, but their packages have always arrived pretty quick

I've ordered from Rebublic Ammunition a few times. In February I got 4 pounds of IMR 4198, and last year I got some Winchester and Ginex LRP's. Their shipping can be a bit high, but their packages have always arrived pretty quick
How did the Ginex primers work for you? I bought some to try in a Variflame adapter with Bh209.

They worked just fine. I was using them for the Veriflame, too. I quit when I found the Winchesters in stock, though.
Thanks for the intel. I live in a very rural area and components are hard to come by. I was lucky enough to get 2 jugs of BH209 on recent trip to Dallas. That will probably last me quite a while.I couldn't find the primers and didn't have time to drive all over the Metroplex looking for them. I found a little gun shop about an hour and a half away that had the Ginex primers and picked up a couple hundred. Now it's on to my bullet quest.

Not surprised and neither should you be ! If you need them think about why if you shoot (you won't) what's it worth? Priceless !/Ed
Agreed, Got to Have Them, just pointing out the Difference in what I Paid Last Week.

"Last Wednesday I got (5) Bricks of the Federal GM210M Large Rifle Match Primers from Scheels in Johnstown, CO for $99.99 each. Never thought I would ever pay that Much but got to have them to Shoot. Surprised the kid let me buy that many, he said we have (31) more in the back” so Federal is sending them Out. I notified several Friends that drove over there immediately!"

Fortunately, I'm Set for Life with the Above Added to my Inventory.

Back