Anything for a hundred bucks!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
Big6x6, Grouse and I had just finished our morning Mouflon hunt. While waiting for Daniel to pick us and the last ram up, the Merriam turkey that had tormented us all morning showed itself again at the other end of the field.

After a loud gobble, Tom exclaimed "someone needs to shoot that thing" Well, the idea was to possibly come back in the morning with the proper gear but a friendly wager killed that thought.. I bet Tom $100 bucks he couldnt hit that turkey from where we were... Without a thought, Tom picked up my new ULA and put the 3rd line of the Swarovski TDS on the gobbler and squeezed the trigger.... FLOP! With the aid of shooting sticks Tom connected at the extreme range. We all erupted with laughter and a bit of disbelief. Tom had won the bet, filled the freezer with some fine breast meat and added another trophy to the wall...

Congrats Tom on a fine shot!

View from the shooting position... The turkey was in the right crotch of the woods along the tree line. 277 Laser verified yards!!

Picture028.jpg

Tom claims his turkey before it heads to the taxidermist!!

Picture030.jpg

ps... The load used was 42gr of 4759, 250 Bonded SW and a Harvester sabot.

BUT, what did that turkey cost? Or maybe I don't want to ask. Heckuva shot, can't believe Tom pulled that off with YOUR rifle. :D

Nice looking ram, who took that one?

lol!!!

250 TO BUY IT AND 350 TO MOUNT IT... ( Sorry Tom! )
8)

The Mouflon in that pic is mine... we were waiting for pickup when the turkey bet came to be.

That was really an UNBELIEVABLE shot! If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it! Happen it did at a Geovid verified 277yds!

I have to say that this was one of the best Crossville trips I've ever had!

:D Congrats on your fine kills guys!!!!!!!

Grouse, thats almost as far as i shootem with my 12 3.5 Browning!!! :lol:

I heard some gobblin there last year but never saw them.

Look fwd to readin your full hunt report. Wish i coulda joined ya.

Some tough looking animals in those pictures, now the ram and turkey look OK however.

You guys took some beautiful rams. :wink: It was a fantastic weekend!

JJ, I thought you looked about $100 lighter when you came back to the lodge.. :lol:

Great shootin' Tom!

Picture032.jpg

He hit it low... perfect for the mount really and I dont think he wasted any meat either..

nugbuk said:
Nice shot Tom. Where did you hit it?

JJ made that sound good. I really gut shot it. :lol:

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. It was by far the best shot i ever made with a Rifle/Muzzleloader.

Back