Bighorn Sheep Poached in Oregon

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two Mensa candidates poached two huge bighorn rams close to I-84. Motorists reported the poachers to authorities. By the time state troopers arrived the poachers had beheaded the two rams. The perps face some serious charges.

Plagmann was arrested on suspicion of taking possession of bighorn sheep, wasting of a game animal and hunting on private land. Samora faces charges of aiding in a game violation.

............................................................................................................................................................

The penalty for killing a bighorn sheep is up to a year in jail and $6,250 in fines. The state could also seek up to $25,000 in civil damages.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-men-charged-killing-beheading-protected-bighorn-sheep-034844641.html

The smaller one would be illegal anywhere .. even in season and with a permit.

It has always been a good attraction there. Where they are talking about is 4hrs from me. They finally in the last few years have made it illegal to park along the Interstate to view them , they caused to many wrecks by people not watching the rode or slamming on the brakes. I used to park along the rode to take pics of them. There were some nice rams in the 160 to 170 class. Llong Shot

Back