Boyd's Encore Stock Set

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an ASG .45 Encore barrel which is 1 inch x 10 and tapers to .945. If I get the Boyd's ML stock set I will have to hog out the barrel channel on the forend a little to get the barrel to drop in. Not a huge deal but obviously it is a little bit of work. If I get the shotgun forend it should just drop right in however I will have to drill the two mounting holes out for the larger mounting screws. Not sure I care about the ram rod channel in the forend either way. Are these forends identical other than what I have already mentioned?

The part I'm unsure about is will the ML forend snug up to the mounting studs without actually touching the barrel (once the channel is opened up)? Will the shotgun forend actually tighten up directly against the barrel? I know that either way because of the barrel/forend mounting there is contact with the barrel directly or indirectly but it seems to me tightening against the studs would be slightly better.

You can still swap dove tails for shotgun forearm and pillar bed it.Could get a custom forearm built. I have a shotgun, original, and custom. After comparing my options. I went custom.

Back