Brand spankin' new...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couplers

Reaction score
Greetings, fellow hunting enthusiasts. I just found this board a few short days ago and have found it to be both informative and entertaining. Already, I have to say Congrats to Spit and a handful of others who have already achieved successed and bagged their dream this season.

I found this board by way of Randy Wakeman. I guess I am just coming down with the fever that so many of you speak of. I have been hunting for almost 25 years in the hills of West Virginia, but have only been muzzleloading since about 2000. I have been using a Traditions and had some success with it (killed a decent 8-point with it two years ago). However, my local gunsmith just called and Xmas has come early. My wife told me she wanted to buy me a new muzzleloader for Xmas this year and I began to research. I started this process with the intent of buying the T/C Omega (my brother purchased one last year and loves it), but landed instead on the new Savage.

I am very excited to try it out and I hope I have made a good decision. I think I am a decent hunter, but I have a whole lot to learn about the muzzleloader. Therefore, I hope you good folks don't mind a few dumb questions from time to time. I'm certainly more than open to any pointers you may have to maximizing my success with the new Savage. I've already learned a great deal from many of you and hope to continue that trend.

Good luck and best wishes to all!

Jay

Welcome. No dumb questions here and you'll get your answers

Latest posts

Back