Bullet options for Paramount and new MRX 45 Cal CVA rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
Many who brought CVA paramounts discovered that they have a oversized bore, maybe that's the wrong description, I mean the oversized part, I believe that the bore size complements their bullet sales program. The .453 stb fury has been a great option for some, my own barrel is fine in the winter time but it slips fit just a little too loosely for me in hot weather. Dennis at fury bullets can accurately knurl up the star tip 250, the .453stb to .454, as well as the black tip 250 and 275 these are all excellent bullets for the Paramount if knurled up to fit the bore correctly,, I don't have one of the new Acura MRX I will soon I would imagine some of those barrels are going to be oversized too. I think those three bullets would be worth buying a swing lock die for,, I'm assuming that the hankins die would probably also be fine, Dennis said he can knurl accurately up to 456, for my own Paramount barrel I need 454 it would be perfect for winter and summer I can drop down to a perfect fit. Three bullets, all practical for the Paramount and the MRX,, pretty short learning curve for using the die. I hope more realize this that have purchased these rifles. Give Dennis at fury bullets a call whether it's 453, 454 ,or 455 ,456 he can knurl them exactly.

Many who brought CVA paramounts discovered that they have a oversized bore, maybe that's the wrong description, I mean the oversized part, I believe that the bore size complements their bullet sales program. The .453 stb fury has been a great option for some, my own barrel is fine in the winter time but it slips fit just a little too loosely for me in hot weather. Dennis at fury bullets can accurately knurl up the star tip 250, the .453stb to .454, as well as the black tip 250 and 275 these are all excellent bullets for the Paramount if knurled up to fit the bore correctly,, I don't have one of the new Acura MRX I will soon I would imagine some of those barrels are going to be oversized too. I think those three bullets would be worth buying a swing lock die for,, I'm assuming that the hankins die would probably also be fine, Dennis said he can knurl accurately up to 456, for my own Paramount barrel I need 454 it would be perfect for winter and summer I can drop down to a perfect fit. Three bullets, all practical for the Paramount and the MRX,, pretty short learning curve for using the die. I hope more realize this that have purchased these rifles. Give Dennis at fury bullets a call whether it's 453, 454 ,or 455 ,456 he can knurl them exactly.
Fantastic post, excellent info & awesome new direction for some.

Back