Bullseye sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I did think would be good with this sight was that instead of elevating the sight for different ranges you could use the circle for your sight in and then use the top of the circle for extended ranges. I just never experimented with it.

No, I mean the center circle needs to be thicker around the circumference of the circle so it is easier to center the target. The circle is hard to find if the sight is placed far from the eye. On one of my muzzleloaders, I cut a new dovetail in the barrel just forward of the breech plug to mount this sight so it acts more like a peep sight.

Thank for your help. I like the buckhorn sight too. All my sidelocks have pretty simple sights on them. I'd like to upgrade one or two anyway.
You want an up grade ? Go on the traditional muzzle loader site and look up Tom a Hawk makes the perfect peep sight for hunting /target simple and adjustable and mine was less than $100.00 and improved my shooting/confidence . Only thing better on my Renegades are some 4x Leupolds where legal , I like eating meat and often !/Ed

I have one on my Puma Model 92 rifle, 44mag with 24" barrel and it improved my shooting. The center ring does fade but I practiced with it and killed a doe at 60 yards a couple of years ago. It is an interesting sight and is a vast improvement over the factory sights on my Puma 92.

I'd like to try one. What size dovetail does that fit in?
Fits a std 3/8" dovetail.
You may have to file the base of the sight's dovetail to get ot it fit in the dovetail on the barrel. It can be a bit tedious. File, check fit, file a little more, check fit. Etc. Don't remove too much at a time. Patience.
With the muzzle pointed away from you install the sight from right to left. Remove old one left to right.

Latest posts

Back