bushnell elite 4200

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the money both the 4200 and monarch are two of the best buys out there. The glass on the monarch and 4200 are probably better than vx-II, but I'm not trying to start a leupold argument.

I would choose between the 4200 and monarch. SWFA has 4200 3-9 for $50 more than a 3-9 silver monarch. However with 4200 you get the rainguard feature but lose a little eye relief. I went with the longer eye relief.

Here is the 3-9 monarch
http://www.swfa.com/pc-1913-218-nikon-3-9x40-monarch-ucc-riflescope.aspx

i have one of those 3-9x monarchs on one of my other rifles ... very nice scope. that silver hurts my eyes though :lol:

also looking closely at that 4-12x monarch that SWFA has

I have two Bushnell Elite 4200 scopes. I feel the are a great scope for the money. You can also get a nice camo rain coat from Bushnell for $10.00 as a rebate.

Elite 4200 3-9x40 is very hard to beat for the money. It was the first scope I had on my Savage. Clarity and crispness of image beats VXII, (and VXIII IMHO), and is on par with Zeiss Conquest. However, I did not like the way the wire reticle flares out and turns to a copper color in bright light so a Zeiss Conquest with an etched reticle now sits atop my Savage.

Another one to look in that same price range at would be the Sightron SII 3-9x42. Heck of a good scope for around $200.

Alot of good suggestions here. The 4200 is a good scope but I own more of the Nikon line than any other.... I have yet to have a problem with one of my Monarch's or Omega scopes, I cannot say the same for Bushnell.

On the contrary, I did buy a few of the closeout deals from Natchez SS.. They had the browning 3x9x40 for just over $100 which is a 3200 w/o the rainguard. For my money it was a good buy. I just cannot poney up that much money for a bushnell. :cry: ( 6500 series )

Soo... All things being equal, I would buy a Nikon every time when compared to Bushnell or Sightron for that matter. Sightron would be my second choice as that 3x9 SII is a fine scope and their customer service is second to none.

Doohan said:
I just cannot poney up that much money for a bushnell. :cry: ( 6500 series )

You might want to watch ebay for the new Elite 6500. A 2.5-16x42 just went for only $480 plus shipping yesterday from Wilderness Sports. I was leaning very strongly toward the Elite 4200 but the 6500 has 30mm tube, very wide field of view, side focus adjustment, mil dot reticle, and 3.9 inches of eye relief but is a little heavy at 22 ounces.

Of course it all depends on what you want the scope to do. The Nikon Monarch and the Elite 4200 are best suited for almost any hunting situation and the heavier Elite 6500 will suit both the close in hunter and the wide open spaces hunter as well as target shooter. There is no one type of scope that is best for all conditions and situations. However for the best glass go with Zeiss, Kahles, Swarovski, IOR Valdata and other European scopes but get your pocketbook out. :shock:

Soo... All things being equal, I would buy a Nikon every time when compared to Bushnell or Sightron for that matter. Sightron would be my second choice as that 3x9 SII is a fine scope and their customer service is second to none.

+1 !

More and more I am impressed with these Nikon scopes. I have to say they are slowly replacing Leupold as my prefered riflescope. Optics as good or better, price slightly lower, as good or BETTER eye relief, and practically ALWAYS more windage/elevation adjustment.

dougedwards said:
[
. I was leaning very strongly toward the Elite 4200 but the 6500 has 30mm tube, very wide field of view, side focus adjustment, mil dot reticle, and 3.9 inches of eye relief but is a little heavy at 22 ounces :

Sorry I need to correct that. The 42mm objective scope is 16 ounces and the 50mm is 21 ounces. I was gonig on memory which is almost as good as my failing eyesight. :roll:

Latest posts

Back