Cabelas rifle scope sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that they have joined with other retail sporting good stores these sales will be more often until Christmas as they want to clear out old stock for new inventory in December.

Smokin' Joe said:
FYI

Anyone looking for a good inexpensive rifle scope?  I see Cabela's has a sale on a Nikon BDC 3-9X40 scope. Regularly price $179.99 now $89.99

Well I dunno 'bout that.

"good and inexpensive" seldom go together.

Unertl was the best of the best at one time.

I met John Unertl, the founder. Mars................really!

Mars Pa.

He taught me a lot about optics.

So did Carlos Hathcock. ( r.i.p.)

I have mostly Leupolds and Burris scopes but also B&L, Nikons, Weavers and Bushnells. Without a doubt the ones I have that are the crappiest are the Weavers. I've had less trouble with the B&L and Burris scopes than the others. I've had to have 4 Leupolds repaired or replaced (at no cost) but I have more of those.
I have 4 Bausch & Lomb scopes that date back to 1967 and are still doing great.
Nikon makes a pretty good scope IMO. I wouldn't take a free Simmons scope.

Burris Corp and their service department are great, located in Greeley CO.

Back in the mid 80's got a wild hair and rebuilt a Ruger Model 77 in .308, cut the whole gun down to 16 inch barrel, swiss cheesed the mag well, drilled out the butt inside and lighten anywhere we could, then went with a Burris Mini in 6 power, total weight with sling and loaded was at 6.1 lbs. This was put together for those 12,000 to 13,000 goat and sheep hunts (you won't feel the recoil when one of these are in the cross hairs.

ram_87.jpg
Went that fall got my one in a life time ram and managed to bang the scope (outer shell), still worked fine just looked bad on the rifle. I was scheduled to work the Greeley area and took the scope with me, stopped into Burris and showed them. Was told to stop back, had to show their tech. Went back that afternoon and found they replaced the shell, now new again. No Charge, can't best that. :bow:

Is that your ram? He's a monster. I never saw a ram that big with that mass and full curl when I'd photograph them in Wyoming and Montana.
The biggest one I ever saw was on the National Bison Range near the Flathead Indian Reservation.

We worked very hard to keep in touch with him for during the summer when we knew I had a permit. Then lost contact for 5 weeks and into the season by a week, then he popped up again and I got lucky.

Back