Can I shoot it she says….

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Three of our ten grandkids came down for a later Christmas this afternoon. After an early dinner we opened a few presents then sat back to just relax. Me grandson wanted to see my Optima pistol again so I got it out and put it together. The youngest, our 13 year old granddaughter asked if she could hold it, hence the picture. I took the picture to send to her mother who is borderline anti-gun. She should be getting back to me soon, lol.

Right after I got this pic the young lady asked it she could shoot it. Gotta love youth.

At 13 this young lady is on her high school’s varsity debate team and just finished placing in a national competition as a freshman. So proud of her…. But I think she’s gonna have to wait a year or so before she’ll be shooting the pistol.

Attachments

• A124C963-D100-4C4B-9F58-2FB49028CA3A.jpeg
    A124C963-D100-4C4B-9F58-2FB49028CA3A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Her older sister is a college student at South Dakota State, Rapid City. She just jumped majors and is now starting a nursing program to become an RN. 22 years old. She's got a 9mm and shoots regularly at a friend's farm. The four grandkids have all been brought up learning to shoot. The two grandsons hunt alongside of their dad and other granddad. I'm concerned that the Optima might be too much for her small wrists but next summer I told her she could come to the cabin, and we'd load it down for her to try her hand at it.... if she did some wrist strengthening exercises between now and then. She's quite the little tom boy though so I'm sure she'll be up to it. Smart little lady.

If it's too much recoil, why not buy a side lock kit and build it. Any excuse for a new rifle seems like a good excuse. Maybe a little 32 or 36, or maybe a 45 with round ball.

I have all the rifles I am going to use or need, not building another. I can load the pistol down for her to poke holes in paper without her getting getting gun shy.

Back