Cuteness overload....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
Youngest daughter spent the night with a friend who's grandma is fostering some kittens. Fell in love. Talked my wife into it, then we discovered that Eddie's sister really depended on him for comfort, so the wife talked herself into it. Then my oldest daughter was over visiting and talked herself into a sibling as well....

Here's our two - Eddie on the right, Trixie on the left. My vote for naming one of them "Five" (I'm a network/software dev geek) or possibly "AssTrophy" was denied.

IMG_0432.jpg

I’ve always thought of myself as more of a dog person… until this past fall. We have had a momma cat who lived with our chickens. Every spring she would have a litter of kittens and they’d hang around with the chickens also and then go on their way. Last summer about 4 weeks after they were born a car took out momma one night. We trapped the kittens cause they would not survive on their own. My brother adopted one and we keep the other. This was all a couple weeks before my back surgery. That little guy did not leave my side for the first few months of recovery. He helped me through some pretty rough nights. Pretty special bond we have now.

Attachments

• DC74BA0E-FC15-440C-8660-9190793569F6.jpeg
    DC74BA0E-FC15-440C-8660-9190793569F6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • F2957A2E-776D-48CF-89D4-FDDEAE4FC64F.jpeg
    F2957A2E-776D-48CF-89D4-FDDEAE4FC64F.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 0
I've always had cats and dogs in the family and absolutely love them. But as the two of us are aging this is the only time in my and my squeeze's adult life that we have been without one or the other. Our last rescue was a sweety pie little dog with the incongruous name of "Brutus". I have photos of a cat that use to live with us lying on top of our big, shaggy "Bozo" and they were best friends. I do love all the "cuteness" pictured in this thread.

I’ve always thought of myself as more of a dog person… until this past fall. We have had a momma cat who lived with our chickens. Every spring she would have a litter of kittens and they’d hang around with the chickens also and then go on their way. Last summer about 4 weeks after they were born a car took out momma one night. We trapped the kittens cause they would not survive on their own. My brother adopted one and we keep the other. This was all a couple weeks before my back surgery. That little guy did not leave my side for the first few months of recovery. He helped me through some pretty rough nights. Pretty special bond we have now.
Orange cats are the best.

We had a feral white cat that came with the house. Best cat ever!!! Funny thing is, due to its size the vet things it is 4 years old. We bought the house in 2014...

Youngest daughter spent the night with a friend who's grandma is fostering some kittens. Fell in love. Talked my wife into it, then we discovered that Eddie's sister really depended on him for comfort, so the wife talked herself into it. Then my oldest daughter was over visiting and talked herself into a sibling as well....

Here's our two - Eddie on the right, Trixie on the left. My vote for naming one of them "Five" (I'm a network/software dev geek) or possibly "AssTrophy" was denied.

View attachment 35229
Y'all got the 2 for 1 pkg. deal, yeah it just happens that way at times

For almost 50 years, I hated cats, but in 2018 when we moved to our new place in the middle of nowhere, my wife let our daughter get two “barn cats”. I wasn’t a fan of the idea, but no one asked me anyway. Long story made short, the first two, Oscar and Leo, are stone cold killers. There’s not a rat, mouse, snake, rabbit, gopher, or lizard within 100 yards of the house that’s safe. For whatever reason, the boys have also chosen me as “their human”, and they try to talk to me like I know what they’re saying and can have a conversation.
I acquired two more kittens in 2022, but they’ve decided to be house cats and have never been outside.
Every dog I’ve ever had has come from a breeder as a puppy, but I responded to a “rehoming” ad on a local hunting message board in June of 2022 and came home with Easton (3 year old at the time Boykin Spaniel). He’s ended up being hands down the best dog we’ve ever had.
***edit to add that Easton is sweet, good natured, well mannered, and great to be around, but he’s dumber than a box of rocks.🤣
IMG_0586.jpeg

Last edited:
Back