CVA Optima V2 Ramrod has 8/32 Female Threads on One End & the Supplied Extended Cleaning Jag is 10/32 Male???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyboy*

Reaction score
The New CVA Optima V2 Ramrod has 8/32 Female Threads on Only One End & the Supplied Extended Cleaning Jag is 10/32 Male??? If you call BPI Outdoors, will they send you the Adapter? Also, the Loading Jag on the Only Threaded End was put on with Red Loctite & required heating, a padded Vise & Channelocks to remove. 😞

Wow, that's odd. What were they thinking 🤔
They weren't thinking. And that's the issue with CVA's ramrod situation for the last few years. CVA's rods were solid aluminum for years, but they've shifted gears to tubular weak-tit almost plastic for the rods now with one end an option for attachments.

I found some aftermarket rods that came in a clear tube with T/C labeling that are solid aluminum and 10/32 threaded at both ends. I bought one for each of my muzzies to use as each gun's cleaning/range rod. No more swapping jags and brushes. The rod tube for a particular gun goes right in the gun case when I head to the range with no mess or fuss.

Back