CVA Wolf - Help me Pull the Trigger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the Scheels and Fleet Farms. The Fleet Farm here in Rochester had maybe 20 boxes of 250 grain, .45 cal XTP's but nothing else. FF did have a lot of the carded bullet/sabot packs of various bullets and brands other than powerbelts. Running stores may have some goodies as well. Joes Sporting goods just off 36 has a shooting department but I didn't see any muzzy stuff there at my last visit but it won't hurt to give them a call to be certain. Cabelas in Woodbury MIGHT have some sabots but more likely packaged bullets/sabots. For powder you're likely going to have to go to T7. Get the granular and see if you can find some "muzzleloader" primers to help with loading issues that can come with the T7. Pyrodex is likely everywhere but its dirty and I won't recommend it. I don't recommend any of the pellets either.

Where do we buy stuff, you ask?

At the time i bought my rifle from muzzle-loaders.com, some competition for "stuff" (and you need a lot of stuff) was tacticalwholesalers.com. I got some from muzzle-loaders at the time of the rifle and just about a boxcar load of stuff from Tactical because their prices were so cheap. Then in 2018 or 2019, Tactical abruptly stopped selling all ML stuff and i dont know why. During the past couple years I didnt need anything and now I do so i'm looking. Kittery Trading Post is one, muzzle-loaders.com and CVA itself. There is also Academy, like this:
https://www.academy.com/shop/browse/outdoors/shooting/ammunition/blackpowder-ammunition-There is also Buds, like this:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/search.php?q=black+powder&type=
Im sore about Tactical because they had the lowest prices and everything A to Z. Now there is no one place that i know of to get everything. You'll have wish lists and carts partly full in several places which isnt fun.

Also about Tactical, ok when you look at a place like muzzle-loaders.com you assume that they are showing everything in the market thats available for a ML. Tactical had much more which got me more excited about ML in general. Well, how would you know all the stuff thats available? Even CVA doesnt have it all. I cant even remember everything Tactical had because it was so much. Now something I want turns up as a lone item at some non-traditional source. Shopping isnt so simple now.

Get on the email list at muzzle-loaders because they have sales but you have to act fast when you get the notices because stocks run out almost immediately. You can also google for specific items you want and see who turns up, then set up a spreadsheet to chart the places and prices because you cant keep it all in your head.

Thanks guys!
Yeah I was just wondering what you guys like, because you'd think there would be a store that would have everything (like tactical as you said). Appreciate the help, I got to prepare for when it gets above 20° and I can shoot!

Thanks guys!
Yeah I was just wondering what you guys like, because you'd think there would be a store that would have everything (like tactical as you said). Appreciate the help, I got to prepare for when it gets above 20° and I can shoot!
Curious how the Wolf is working for you? I started with an Accura and 777 pellets. Shot a deer and then went to loose powder.

I had to ditch the scope mount that ships with the gun. My buddy and I both had trouble with the dead on

Tom

Latest posts

Back