Day trip for grouse

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walkingeagle

Reaction score
Girlfriend and I went for grouse yesterday. She brought her single barrel suppository and I with my home build plains shotgun, 20ga. Only two grouse were found all day, with her missing the first and me getting the second. Load was 70grv of Goex 2fg, raw sheeps wool wad, 70grv of #7.5 shot and another raw sheeps wool wad. Likely about a 27 yard shot or so.
Walk

Attachments

• 108F4BC0-87F4-4171-95C1-9614BDE63604.jpeg
    108F4BC0-87F4-4171-95C1-9614BDE63604.jpeg
    8.8 MB · Views: 0
I bet that’s really fun with a muzzleloader shotgun. It’s been crossing my mind lately about getting into the shotgun side of muzzle loading. I took a ruffed grouse this morning too but it was at a mere 10 feet. Walked right up to me lol.

I bet that’s really fun with a muzzleloader shotgun. It’s been crossing my mind lately about getting into the shotgun side of muzzle loading. I took a ruffed grouse this morning too but it was at a mere 10 feet. Walked right up to me lol.
It sure is! More fun than can be described!!
Walk

This needs to be added to my bucket list! Grouse hunting is a blast with a normal shotgun and I bet using a ML just adds to it.

Latest posts

Back