Deer Sleigh'r

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolmaster

Reaction score
This is a handy item I field tested last year when a friend of mine shot a nice buck about a mile from the road in rough terrain. We had to get him out and couldn't leave him because of coyotes. This heavy duty plastic deer drag comes in standard or magnum sizes and weighs 2.5 pounds. You can roll it up and keep it in a day pack and it will work over logs, rocks,etc. 19.99 from Cabelas. In their Archery catalog. #MS 22-1989-100 for the standard which I used. I would say it reduced the effort of dargging by about 50%.

I have used one for several years now in a very remote area that I hunt. It works great and saves alot of back ache. I have about six holes worn into mine now from dragging out deer over rocks especially. I used to have one side of the hide mostly worn off before getting the sleigh.
I want to try out a kids snow sleigh also, made of hard plastic usually found at Wally World, for this area.

Toytruck,,,,I help a buddy of mine out during deer season skinning and cleaning up deer. (he operates a meat packing place here in town) Every year there's a guy who brings deer in strapped to one of them kids sleds. He SWEARS by them. Says he'll never use anything else. :wink:

Batchief,
Thats what I have read several times before. It should work fine, just drill a couple of holes on both sides to tie in the deer and just glide along. It would really work in the snow I would think too! They are under $10 if I remember right, alot better than a deer cart....

Sounds like a very handy item for areas where you cant get a cart etc. into.

Latest posts

Back