Draw results out for me

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Just checked and the draw results were posted. I missed out on the either sex mule deer( no surprise since I was drawn last year and relegated to the C pool) but was drawn for antlerless mule deer, which means 2 doe tags will be in the mail shortly. For either sex mule deer I'll buy an archery mule deer tag across the counter and I'll get a white tail tag across the counter. Once again I'll be going out with 4 tags in my pocket :D .

Hey Raf,
I got lucky and was drawn for either-sex in the Great Sandhills! I already made contact with the rancher to make arangements. Apparently, a 202 typical and a 220 non-typical came off his property last year with many 190 typical bucks being spotted. I'm pretty excited.....the old Savage will be the ticket and hopefully I'll have some trophy photos to show you come October! Where did you get drawn for antlerless?

Doesnt sound too shabby there RAF. :lol:

I had a number of years where I killed 4-6 per year & found I had trouble eatin all the meat. I have comfortably settled into a 2 deer ave per year harvest. If I'm lucky with the ole flinter I end up with 3. We can only harvest one Buck (6 pt minimum) and a few does pendin tags bought.

Look forward to reports of you fillin all those tags! :D

Deer Nut. I'm drawn in 29E, 1/2 hour from home. Have access to 2 pieces of property that belong to my uncle. There's 5 quarters of land in one and 4 in the other. It's where I do all my hunting and have all my blinds built in there.
Loggy, I know what you mean about eating all the deer. The last 2 years put 4 in the freezer each year. Did use them up. Make lots of Jerky which always goes fast and different kinds of sausage which everyone likes. Give some to friends too. Have 2 hind legs left which I'll make into sausage at end of summer.

I may cut back this year to 3 tags. May not buy the archery mule deer tag. Just use one of the antlerless for my bow. Am building a new garage and will be busy this fall and winter finishing the inside, building cabinets for storage and work bench, putting up hooks for yard tools. You know putting everything in it's place neatly :D :D . Should make more room else where. Also want it set up so can hang and skin deer, butcher up deer, make sausage etc. Plan to put another freezer in there which should free up some space in the other one in the house.

Just bought a 12 volt winch which I plan to fasten to the ceiling of the garage for hoisting the deer for skinning and butchering purposes.

Back