Easy & Easier Crock Pot Venison

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
Originally posted by Loggy
I make alot of deer roasts in the crock pot. A 5-6 qt. size is best and gives you more room to vary a little on amount of veggies and size of roast...

Take roast in 3-4 lb range. Litely salt & pepper roast.

In crock pot add 4 or more potatoes peeled and cut in chunks, carrots chuncked up, green pepper(sliced). These go in crock first. You can add 1 cup water if planning on making gravy but not necessary cause juices from can of mushrooms adequate. Then put roast on top. Cover entire roast with can mushrooms (dump juice in) and onion(sliced). I then sprinkle a little pepper on top of roast Put lid on crock and set on low for 8-10 hours. Can even go a little longer. Thats it. Simple but the roast just melts in your mouth and veggies are very tender and tasty.

If your really lazy here's one for you:

SIMPLE CROCK POT VENISON

4 to 5 lb. venison roast
1 c. water
1 envelope Lipton dry onion soup
2 tbsp. oil (optional, venison is almost fat free)
Put venison in crock pot. Sprinkle onion soup mix over it. Add water. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. May be cooked on high for 6 to 8 hours. The longer cooked, the better the flavor.

I like usin the ole crock pot cause it seems its fairly easy and you dont need to be a chef (which i aint). The slow cooking covers for your screw-ups.

Latest posts

Back