Favorite Reel Type

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's Your Favorite Reel Type

• Baitcast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spinning

• Spincast

• Fly

• Total voters

Loggy

Reaction score
I voted baitcaster. Sorta funny, in my younger days they were my LEAST favorite due to backlashes etc. Today's quality baitcasters sure have come a long way with their magnetic backlash controls, Variable Brake System's (VBS) which uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast for increased distance/adjustability plus super stopper anti-reverse's and the list goes on & on! :lol:

I still like & would never give up my spinning reels for certain types of fishing though! :D

I voted spinning. Most of my fishing is for Walleye and I use light line, 6# or less and jigs 1/4 oz or less. Can't throw those with a bait cast reel. I use the bait cast reels for different kinds of trolling and casting larger baits at pike.

I voted baitcast, would you believe I just learned to throw one this year ? I had to if I wanted to do more then just troll for stripers. I guess even a middle aged dog can learn new tricks.

I voted spinning since that's what I do 99.99% of my fishing with. I do also have a baitcast reel that's my favorite for catfishing. I just like having more power for them.

Back