FEW MORE TAKEN THIS YEAR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
well so far my deer season has been very dismal, but are some pics of young hunters and some old hunters that have taken a few with their SML conversions. I really proud of all of them, but specially the young lady which actually is my nurse whne ever I go to the Cardiologist. She took her first big deer this year with a APEX 45 cal. conversion which belong to her husband, and he told that she said he is not getting it back. First pic is ALLISON my nurse, second is Alex Myers, third one was taken by THUNDER53, a member on this board and the last is James Hartsell. All I have to say is great job to all of them.
Carlos
20151112_175312_zps8bxg9odo.jpg

20151128_173110_zpswe2k0fke.jpg

1st%20SML%20buck%20005_zpsuiiuesrb.jpg

IMG_0263_zpshfwsnvlv.jpg

Congrats to all of the hunters, all of them are great deer.  Good to see the sml conversions.

CONGRATS to all your friends out the there Carlos and to all the other successful hunters here on the forum :cheers: :cheers: 

Ray,,,,,,, :Red tup:

Some times it better to help others or be part of it ,,Congrats to you and them ,,,,

Well, I guess I fall under the "old hunters" category.

Thanks for posting Carlos.

The 6 pt in the picture is not my first or best buck, but he WAS my first SML buck and I was pretty happy with that considering I hadn't had much luck either, he was the only buck I saw in 9 days of hunting. (Too many wolves, bear and coyotes)

I really like the way the Apex SML handles and it shoots great, I understand why your nurse doesn't want to give it back!. (I think the only part of the gun, scope and mount that Carlos didn't sell me was the barrel and I think he actually owned it at one point)

I was very impressed with the performance on this deer, the shot quartered in from the just in front of the diaphragm behind the shoulder, took out the top of the heart, bottom of the lungs and exited the base of the neck.

He was DRT.

Barnes 250 TEZ sabotless, 10/48 duplex of 4759/4198, wool wad.

Congrats to all the other succesfull hunters!

Thunder53 said:
I was very impressed with the performance on this deer, the shot quartered in from the just in front of the diaphragm behind the shoulder, took out the top of the heart, bottom of the lungs and exited the base of the neck.

He was DRT.

Barnes 250 TEZ sabotless, 10/48 duplex of 4759/4198, wool wad.

Congrats to all the other succesfull hunters!
I've taken that very shot before with my Pursuit and a 260gr projectile (from Carlos). Same outcome (except my bullet lodged just under the skin on the neck). The buck looked to be about the same size as yours, too.

Latest posts

Back