FF or FFF

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher1

Reaction score
I've about finished off a can of FF T7 and thinking about trying FFF. I'm shooting the 45 Cur and the heaviest load thus far has been 55gr with a 200gr XTP which shot very well. I don't think I will try pushing it any further as this is strickly a target gun. Any advantages to using 3F? I did get abit of a k boom w/55gr on a couple of shots which I've not gotten with lesser charges.

I always used FFFG in everything up to and including .50 cal . Then FFG in my.54, .58 and .62's. Test it out. I've NEVER had FFG outshoot FFFG in the smaller calibers, but your results may be different. For me---- the difference was accuracy.

the FFFg should work real good in that .45 caliber.

FFF

Thank you both for your replies. I will get a can or two of 3F tomorrow,I need more caps as well. I've been useing CCI mags and getting excellent ignition. I shot 4 of those XTP's into 5/8" yesterday.

fisher1 said:
I've about finished off a can of FF T7 and thinking about trying FFF. I'm shooting the 45 Cur and the heaviest load thus far has been 55gr with a 200gr XTP which shot very well. I don't think I will try pushing it any further as this is strickly a target gun. Any advantages to using 3F? I did get abit of a k boom w/55gr on a couple of shots which I've not gotten with lesser charges.

Any time I am using caps for ignition I use T7-3f and on some occasions I do use GOEX 3f

Latest posts

Back