Filleting Fish ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Got some replies in my Fat Cat Thread bout some using electric fillet knives etc.

What fillet knife is your favorite ? Never tried an electric but may get one sometime.

I use the Rapala fillet knives and have a ole Cabela's Diamond sharperner to help them along some. Couple years ago bought a higher end Dexter-Russell and like the grip but as far as getting the job done seems I always reach for my Rapalas. :D

I have 2. One is a Fiskars and the other is a no name knife. The no name Knife is better. :wink: Of course My fillet knives get a lot of use as we also use them when processing deer. I need to get a few more.

Got this one as a gift, probably the best I have ever used..
103_0330.jpg

Man thats a nice knife there Jeff! Can beat that German stuff. :lol:

Yup, that's a nice knife and probably expensive. It's a Henkel and have some of those in the kitchen. For filleting fish my favorite is my Uncle Henry. Electric knives are nice but they cut through everything. I like a little feel so I can cut around the bones not through them. Like my fillets boneless.

I got two big fillet knives but not real happy with either. I like JC's knife. Man that is a dandy! JC can you post a link on where to buy one?
I also got 2 electrics which are great on small fish but not on the big stripers. I did see one in a catalog that was made for big saltwater fish, but I dont know if it is any good, and I cannot remember what catalog. Rman

I always used an uncle henry However We cleaned 9 walleye's and 3 cat's
And my nephew filleted them and took the skin off and I took out the bones .He was 3or 4 ahead of me and I consider myself very good at cleaning fish. I will get an electric Don't now the brand could have been a rapala. Guys I am telling you those things work. Living in Wi. we catch a lot of fish. He says He even uses it to fillet sturgeon.
RedClub

I usualy use electric, and leave the ribs in the filet. I only filet pan fish, and only when I have a huge mess of them. Last time my father and I fileted any fish we had a little over 25lb of blue gill filets. Still have some of them in the freezer, and it's been over a year :roll: :roll: Guess that we should eat more fish, or have a fish fry IF we are going to clean that many

Latest posts

Back