Firing Pin for Marlin Model 39 (maybe 39A)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an old .22 caliber Marlin Model 39 (maybe model 39 A, hard to see exactly). It seems to work OK except there is no firing pin in it. The serial number under the lever action is "F 1134?", so I think originally made in 1949. Also has a engraving inside the action that has a date of 9/26/59.

Internet searches so far have not turned up a source for a firing pin. Anybody out there has knowledge where I might find something. Haven't taken it to a gunsmith yet, thought I would look here first.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3588.jpg
    IMG_3588.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3587.jpg
    IMG_3587.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3586 (1).jpg
    IMG_3586 (1).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
Have you checked Nurmrick Arms,they used to be my go to for parts first off

Could also try cfnparts.com. I didn't see any when I looked but you can sign up for a notification when in stock. He also has individual pics of the various 39's that might help you narrow it down or realize anyone of the 39's firing pins will work.

They Have one at Numrich Arms and only one in stock.

FIRING PIN, EARLY STYLE, NEW REPRODUCTION 39A EARLY MODEL MARLIN / GLENFIELD​

$29.30
In Stock
Only 1 left
Firearm Mfgr: MARLIN / GLENFIELD
Firearm Model: 39A EARLY MODEL
Product #: 630440

Thanks Folks, ordered the one from Numrich Gun Parts, not sure if it will fit but will find out one way or the other. I had looked on ebay without finding anything specific enough, Jack First, Brownells, etc., without luck.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Thanks Folks, ordered the one from Numrich Gun Parts, not sure if it will fit but will find out one way or the other. I had looked on ebay without finding anything specific enough, Jack First, Brownells, etc., without luck.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Nurmrich parts are frequently not “drop in”, so a little hand fitting might be required. I’d 1) stone the sides to make sure there are no burrs, etc. to retard the movement of the firing pin when hit by the hammer, then 2) make sure the tip of the firing pin goes through the bolt face without any interference, then 3) make sure the firing pin protrusion is sufficient (and not excess) when the back of the pin is flush with the rear of the bolt where the hammer strikes it.

Make sure the tip of the firing pin is smooth, and you’re ready to hit the range!

Back