first ML's that have caught my eye .....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffB1961

Reaction score
so i've mainly been interested in the CVA optima and accura with nitride , but i see that knight makes a vision freedom .50 with nitride with a green mountain barrel for $200 and it's supposed to be MOA @ 200 yards ... that seems a bit fishy for only $200 . is the KVF nitride imbedded in the metal like CVA does or is it something akin to being painted on ? is the KVF reliable ? or is a prime example of too much for too little that isn't what marketing says it is ?
i'll keep it short and sweet for now
take care , jeff

I’d go to the website and put one in the cart and proceed to checkout to see the final cost. They probably don’t have the Taxes and shipping added in.

I went to the website to check , $199 rifle, $22 fed tax, Indiana sales tax $14, couldn’t get the shipping cost unless ordering, guess probably $40, so $276 total + or -.

Do a search for knight vision rifle here on this forum see what others have written about them. I have an old knight elite and I’m very happy with it. The vision does intrigue me though.

Visions had a change to how the trigger assemblies were made several years ago. They are a very tough ML but also a bit on the large side. The old trigger assembly had cast parts. The new ones are better made.

cva makes a wolf nitride that's about the same price as the vision when shipping cost are included for each . the wolf cost more up front but cost less to ship . i'm loosing interest in the vision ..... i think i want to focus on optimav2 or accura mr-x with nitride and cerakoat . i won't be getting anything for a few months and i think i just wanna buy once cry once . i'm open to suggestions for something in 50 cal. at $600ish or less . i'm kinda sold on the nitride though . i'd
consider a thompson but i've read they're having tough times . sure would be nice if savage started making the ML-10 again but that ship seems to have sailed . it would probally be north of a grand anyway :( .
thanks for helping folks , jeff

Ive always been a cva fan but their move to bore sizes (.40 &.45) that only accommodate their powerbelt bullets is troubling. The only way we can help steer them back on track is to let them know that they aren't the only choice out there. Granted their market share got bigger with the shutdown of TC, and Remingtons failure, there's still Traditions, Knight, Woodman, SSK, Pedersoli and some others probably.

The only way we can help steer them back on track is to let them know that they aren't the only choice out there.

AND, people can write them and let them know why he/she is purchasing other than CVA.

I have several CVA guns and they all shoot conventional sabots nicely. I also have some sidelocks but really I do not shoot them much. I have four T/C inlines as well, but favor the CVAs over them. Until recently I was thinking of selling a couple of the T/C inlines to purchase the new .40 CVA but after reading the last "poke" that CVA offered in the reply posted here the other day that idea has sunk. In fact it pissed me off enough that the letter I wrote went out in today's mail. I'm a firm believer that if one wants to make a statement, write it in letter form. I've done my part. Hopefully enough others will follow suit and they get a pointed message. In my letter I asked several straight forward questions and asked for a reply. IF I get one I'll post it here.

Va. has a minimum .45 caliber muzzle loader requirement . i don't know if that is bore size or bullet size but FWIU .50 cal. bullets have a wider variety and are easier to find .

Va regulations state: muzzleloader rifles 40 cal or larger , pistols 45 cal or larger, bullets must be 35 cal or larger .

I bought a 209 ready version back I'm guessing four maybe five years ago. It's quite a good shooter with a 260 grn Hawk bullet. That it could be a 200yd shooter would surprise me but just a little. Twice now I've heard the gun described as heavy,bulky and unwieldy. Now that did surprise me because it's not anything I noticed.

Latest posts

Back