First Muzzleloader buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CowboyAl

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my first buck taken with a T/C 50 cal Omega 250gr hornady sst, 2-777 pellets:
muzzybuck.jpg

He was with a bigger buck ( a 130"ish 5x5 ) and a doe. They were feeding in a stubble field, I was hiding on a fenceline where I thought they would cross coming back to the bedding area. Being the second to last day of deer season I decided not to be greedy and shoot which ever buck came close enough. The smaller one ( a 4x3) came within 80 yards. One shot and he dropped! I can't believe how addicting this type of hunting is first a bear and now a buck, next year I have my hopes set on taking a bull moose with it :D

GREAT! I can't tell you how many deer fall to two Triple Se7en pellets and a 250gr SST! Glad you got one!

Congrats on the buck (and bear)!

Man would it be nice to be able to hunt deer, bear and moose! I'm jealous.

:applause: excellent job. That load you're shooting sure seems to take a lot of animals. Seems it works just fine for you as well. Congratulations on a nice buck.

jnrbronc said:
Congrats on the buck (and bear)!

Man would it be nice to be able to hunt deer, bear and moose! I'm jealous.

Bronc... you can hunt deer and bear in IOWA!
3 weeks ago my son and another guy stopped along hiway 1 and watched a bear along the road! Honest!...

Back