Fishing Boots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Whut you all wear out there??

I was inventoring some of my treasured valuables for insurance purposes today and shot a pic of my LaCrosse and Servus Fishin Boots. Its rare that I display both pair together due to security reasons. :lol:

Man, you cant beat this combo, just ask any Commercial Fisherman on the East Coast, they are cool in hot weather, keep ur feet dry, good tread for traction in wet slippery fishin enviornment and PLUS very much in style if u wunt to wear for social events. :lol: :lol:

DSCF0141.jpg

Loggy:

I made the mistake of buying a pair of black boots the first time. After the first trip, they were limited to the winter trips, and I hurried up and bought a pair of white ones. My feet just cooked!

You got that right BD. I have a pair of black Servus with Red bottoms and my feet just steam in them. I used to chuckle when I was down in VA and see the commercial crabbers/fisherman wearin the White Boots until I bought my first pair. I quickly learned why most of the Pros wear them.

I Just wear running shoes, why do you guys need boots? I am sure there is a good reason but since I am landlocked I am a little ignorant of why you guys do some of the things you do.

Traction is the name of the game for me.

Most of my fishing is done wading or on a jetty. I almost always wear waders for both. My #1 choice in wading boots is easy.....CHOTA SST's plus

Chota.jpg

"This lightweight wading shoe features our Cleat Base Midsole, which allows the addition of specially designed, case-hardened "STL" Cleats. Laying flush with the "Dark Grey" polypropylene felt sole, each Cleat Base is strategically placed, tapped and ready to accept "STL" Cleats. Unique "Micro-Screen" ports allow for drainage while blocking scree. The leather upper is water-resistant and, coupled with Chota's Exclusive QuickLace? System."

Rifleman said:
I Just wear running shoes, why do you guys need boots? I am sure there is a good reason but since I am landlocked I am a little ignorant of why you guys do some of the things you do.

Dwight, when your landing large amounts of fish you get alot of slime & blood everywhere and sneakers wont hold up plus you will get one trip per pair. :lol: Believe me, I tried them. Plus the traction offered with decent fishin boots offers both a safety factor plus stability on deck in ruff waters. I usually also wear Grunden Bibs or Helly Hansens that go down over boots and you are totally protected. If you go Pro Dwight, I can fit you up just right!! :lol:

I was an "Unprofessional" Captain/Guide (meaning no money charged) on a 21" Trophy ctr console for about 5 years with a boat owned by me & 3 at work. I was called Capt. Larry. :lol: Went thru several USCG Safety Training & Navigation courses etc. We mostly did heavy flounder fishin inside at wachapreague, VA and the Stripers (AKA Rockfish by MD ers) Mid-Cheasapeake Bay. I am no where near a pro but been fishin from boats now for bout 25 years. Had a 16' Alumacraft before going up to the Trophy. I am bak to a 16' Lund which is a geat "no frill's" work boat. :lol:

Someday me too would like to go Big Time. Would be a fun way to spend retirement.:D

I go fishing bare foot most of the time. Times when I am noe bare foot I just wear an old pair of tennis shoes

Latest posts

Back