Flintlock or Percussion Shooting... Which is easier?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If percussion cap supplies dont return to somewhat normal it may be a moot point

That said, caps (and then cases and primers) we invented as improvements and embetterments to existing systems, just like those were invented to improve on matchlocks and touch holes

Flinters are fun, but percussion are definitely an advancement in technology. Faster to use, less chance of wet powder, and creates a better seal than the frisson. Plus faster ignition time.

Which is easier, umm once you have your lock tuned the rock sparker is. Both of them need powder poured down, then projectile of choice. I find pouring primer powder in the pan easier than pulling perc. cap off nipple n fumbling with a cap onto the nipple. Your milage may differ

I haven't shot a caplock in 18 months. There's certainly a bigger learning curve with a flint but once you figure it out it's just as easy.

If percussion cap supplies dont return to somewhat normal it may be a moot point

That said, caps (and then cases and primers) we invented as improvements and embetterments to existing systems, just like those were invented to improve on matchlocks and touch holes

To me both the same. But I bought a carton (1000) caps about 5 years ago and still haven't opened them. I had about 500 already on hand. Noot that I don't shoot much its just that I shoot a lot of flinters and inlines qith 209s

Latest posts

Back