Goex Pinnacle Powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was Cream of Wheat. :? Shoot any Pinnacle sticks yet? :roll:

Yes, they make them-- apparently similar to AP sticks, but . . . .

Fail to post for a coupla months and I am classed a newbie!! I know we switched boards... but geez!

I need to shoot in several more guns. A partial, incomplete report isn't all that helpful. Aren't you already a confirmed American Pioneer Fan?

You really nead a scorecard to keep up with the name changes: Legend, Golden, Clean Shot Technologies, now American Pioneer. What specific changes there have been though all the company changes I have no clue.

If someone wants to try it, the Pinnacle FFFg loose powder is the way to go-- at least that is my initial impression.

Yes I am.

Was wondering if it is better than APP FFFg?

My main bulk source provider has changed, and before I order my next case, would like too know if Pinnacle is the same or better than APP.

Thanks for your testing Randy.

Lane,

great to see you over here.

Your being a very naughty boy! The poster child for APP at the other forums is now considering Pinnacle! OH MY. Your the one that got me shooting APP. If you change, you'll have to let me know how it goes.

I shot Goex Pinnacle FFFg last winter. We had snow on the ground and it was snowing some of the days on the range. I really had good luck with it out of the Black Diamond XR, the Wolverine II, and the CVA Staghorn Magnum.

I did find that when shooting large conicals the accuracy was terrible. I normally shoot the 460 grain NE's with Triple Se7en or Goex 3f and the accuracy is exceptional. With Pinnacle, I was real disappointed. Now with sabots I had very good luck. The trouble is I was shooting it out of so many different rifles, that all of a sudden I was out of the powder before I could do any long range shooting. Plus the snow was so deep that I could hardly get further back then 35 yard before the snow drifts hid my view of the target trap.

Fowling was next to nothing. I shot 12 T/C Mag Express XTP without swabbing out of the Wolverine II which has a #11 cap ignition. Accuracy was excellent. Ignition time was excellent. I really liked the powder.

I also tried it in Flintlocks, sidelocks and smoothbores. In the flintlock it was a real disappointment. I would not recommend it even though they claimed it could be shot out of a flintlock. It will go off sometimes just not consistent.

In the percussion cap locks, this powder really shined. I was shooting a .58 caliber Renegade with a Green Mountain Barrel on it and the accuracy was outstanding. Ignition was excellent.

I personally intend to purchase several more pounds of it when I order the next case of Goex. At the time last winter I paid $18.00 a pound I believe it was...

Latest posts

Back