GRRW.CA - 1ST HAWKEN BRIDGER [#H01 CA] (SOLD)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
We keep getting questions about GRRW.CA and will Doc White build any guns.

Well we are all getting older and we get tired faster and we get headaches and so on ....
The answer is YES, he's still moving and breathing and anyone that knows Doc he breathes HAWKEN. Now building GRRW.CA Jim Bridger Hawken's, "plain janes" like the first ones GRRW sold or "full-blown" ones as he calls them.

Pull up your chair and look at this "full blown" special order Bridger Hawken. A reproduction of  Doc's 'Favorite’ Hawken rifle. Doc states "Now ready for delivery, done as original as I can get it, with case hardened and rust blued furniture."  This is the GRRW Collector’s Association [#H01 CA] -Hawken".

Are you ready, well here we go - a beautiful Jim Bridger Hawken rifle copied from an original.
GRRW.CA.H01_zps00nv4zxm.gif
GRRW.CA.H01..buttplate_zpsd3m3b2gl.gif
GRRW.CA.H01.cheek.piece_zpseyqjczyy.gif
GRRW.CA.H01.pipe.forearm_zpsmkbawn2c.gif
GRRW.CA.H01.forearm_zpsu0ybiqxw.gif
GRRW.CA.H01.left.side_zps2hssxhrm.gif
GRRW.CA.H01.tang_zpsohfwruoe.gif
GRRW.CA.H01.sight_zps1oleesis.gif
HawkenGRRW1CACloseLock_zps2h52h8pp.gif
GRRW.CA.H01.trigger.guard_zpscxgqlhfh.gif

What's the price point on that?  Any idea what it weighs?

Soooo nice!
I am going to tell my wife that she can't retire so that she can help support my muzzleloader addiction.
Ron

CoHiCntry said:
What's the price point on that?  Any idea what it weighs?
I sold the gentleman that ordered/purchased this rifle some GRRW.CA goods ("T" shirt, hat and a GRRW buckle - the (24) belt buckles sold in less than 2 weeks - SOLD OUT). He has wanted a Doc White Hawken for 20 years, I think he'll be very happy with this one.

This "special order" Bridger Hawken Rifle is approximately 11 lbs. With all the special finishes and details the price was $2,500.00 and an offer came in today for a $100.00 more than that. Sorry folks this one is gone.

Doc is starting another Bridger Hawken like this one but a "plain jane" as he calls it. This new build Hawken will be built like those first ones available from Green River Rifle Works [GRRW] back in the day. I may have this one sold to a gentleman on our "Customer Waiting List".

Thank you for asking "CoHiCntry".

Nice.....and not a terrible price for a custom rifle......a fancy officer's model or English sporter from Caywood would cost that much.............however, I am glad I already own a GRRW!

That is SO pretty. It is like candy for the eye.

I love everything about this rifle, the story, and the guys behind it. 

What were the 'special' finishes and upgrades?

Kentucky Colonel said:
That is SO pretty. It is like candy for the eye.

I love everything about this rifle, the story, and the guys behind it. 

What were the 'special' finishes and upgrades?

The finishes; color case hardening, blued barrel, fire blued hardware, hand rubbed oil finish on the stock; just like the original that Doc fell in love with 50 years ago. When you talk to him that Hawken always comes up at some point of your visit.

Mike Nesbitt contacted me this morning he fell in love with this one and will feature it in the fall issue of Muzzleloader magazine with the other guns built.

True eye candy for the gun lovers ....
These former gunsmiths of GRRW have just gotten better of time.

RonC said:
Soooo nice!
I am going to tell my wife that she can't retire so that she can help support my muzzleloader addiction.
Ron

We are working on another model firearm built by GRRW at this time, I'm still doing some research for correctness. Save your money Ron you'll like this one coming up.

Back