H4895 alternative

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I just ordered a 45cal arrowhead barreled action built in a defiance outcast with a 28" barrel. I'm waiting to push 325gr Pittmans or arrowhead bullets over 3000fps and unfortunately both 4895 powders are impossible to find unless I want get robbed on gunbroker. What's a good alternative powder? I can get n530 and I have varget. Appreciate any suggestions.

Hey guys I just ordered a 45cal arrowhead barreled action built in a defiance outcast with a 28" barrel. I'm waiting to push 325gr Pittmans or arrowhead bullets over 3000fps and unfortunately both 4895 powders are impossible to find unless I want get robbed on gunbroker. What's a good alternative powder? I can get n530 and I have varget. Appreciate any suggestions.
Where did you find the N530?

Where are you located?

Latest posts

Back