Had To Hurry To Get To Church

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Ok not a Big Buck.But my best shot yet.

I decided to go hunting before Church.Wated to go to Sunday School.Well had one Deer come behind me snorted and went on.Later look at my watch,8:00,well I'll leave in 15 minutes.Look up in the brush there is a Deer,didn't care what it was I had a Tag.Shot with my 54Cal. CVA Hawken,Patch and Ball,pushed by 90gr. Pyrodex,120 yards,through thick brush.I know for a fact that is how far it is because I've measured it for Fence.He ran about 20 yards.

I have to say I've shot Deer with alot of Firearms but I think I've killed more with this Rifle in 20 years than any other.

Oh I had to wait until I got home from Church,before getting a Pic,thats why I'm in my Sunday Best.

000_1643mb.jpg

oneshot

Congratulations on your deer. Nice pic and gun! My wife's son killed a nice 9 point yesterday before church too. Hmmm....maybe I should try that :D

church Deer

I see you had "your going to meeten" clothes on...resdy for church or huntin.

Nice deer

Choc-dog

Yeah - way to go!
I too like your Sunday goin' to meeting clothes :wink:

when i was in high school i shot a deer before church . . . which caused me to miss church . . . which caused me to get in big trouble with the parents :( oh well :D

nice shootin and great deer

Back