Heinz 57 range report...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
PICT0333.jpg

Knight Disc Extreme with not a regular barrel but a Master Hunter barrel and all things else Disc Extreme... 8) The gun was loaded with 100 grains of 2f 777 by volume and a 300 grain Barnes Expander MZ in a HPH 12, sparked off by a 777 209. 1.5" three shot group... I moved my Leupold VX II five clicks to the left and said the heck with it. Piggies beware,,, anyone have an idea about were i'm at with this load in fps?

Thats Classy, man!

I luv that look.

FH...do us a favor and try 120 gr. 777ffg and 200 gr. Shockwave as this is the typical go to load for the Elite. I want to see how that barrel will shoot it as compared to the Elite.

I like that gun...

Spit, I'll have to try and find some of the 200 SW... we have alot of wild hogs on our hunting lease, some in the 500lb but most average 150 to 200. So I tend to opt for heavy bone crusher's like the 300 Barnes or 300 Noslers... my next range trip I'm planning on 120 grains of 2f 777 and the above mentioned bullets. Also guys I had the domed plug in this rifle and with the mild 100 grain load there was very little blowback outside the breech area and none on my leupold.

Flint- was there any crud ring noticeable with the domed plug and 777 primers. And how far were ya shooting.

Very nice shooting Flinthead. I am going to get mine out again on Sat.
Art

Latest posts

Back