Hillary Wants Your Guns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NRA made a huge tactical mistake by choosing to only support one party. 
My magazines from them go way beyond gun rights and support a host of other 
agendas that have nothing to do with guns. 

It is a fact that, eventually, the other party will win. 
Everyone knows this. So, I have been unhappy with the NRA 
strategy because when that happens, they will have no traction 
at all.

I have known this for some time. It has concerned me, but as I can only do 
what I can do, I try not to worry too much.

Couldnt agree more Colonel. Like there support of that back stabbing Harry Reid from Nevada. Wayne LaPierre should be axed over that deal. Until he is gone my dissappointment in the NRA will continue. Its wastefully run IMO and could accomplish alot more with less. Al

The NRA made a huge tactical mistake by choosing to only support one party.
My magazines from them go way beyond gun rights and support a host of other
agendas that have nothing to do with guns.
i've been an NRA member for over 50 years and have contributed a lot of money to the NRA. Now Wayne LaPierre wants me to buy the whole Republican ball of wax: i ain't going to do that. My Second Amendment rights transcend political partys and their stupid trash. i will support the politician who has a proven record of defending my Second Amendment rights regardless of his/her party affiliation.

i give a big rats @$$ less that the proven supporter of my Second Amendment rights is a right wing religious crazy in the mold of John Brown or a liberal lesbian Wiccan.

My contributions now go to the Safari Club International.

falcon said:
i give a big rats @$$ less that the proven  supporter of my Second Amendment rights is a right wing religious crazy in the mold of John Brown or a liberal lesbian Wiccan.  
HAHAHA @ liberal lesbian Wiccan!

I am glad to hear I am not alone, guys. I kinda thought I might get some grief for my opinion on this one. 
But, I am not a big fan of 'carrying the party line' without thought. I have thought the NRA to be suicidal to 
our rights with the strategy for a a very long time, but especially the last ten years or so.

kinda thought I might get some grief for my opinion on this one.
Not from me.   i've been involved in Second Amendment stuff since 1968.  Relatively few NRA members are aware that the NRA did not actively fight the Gun Control Act of 1968.  Was stationed in southern Marlyand at the time of the 1970 elections.   Asked my military boss for the day off and hauled voters to the polls in my Econoline van.  We ran anti-gun US senator Joseph Tydings out of office for his support the Gun Control Act of 198.

"Relatively few NRA members are aware that the NRA did not actively fight the Gun Control Act of 1968."

That's one of the reasons that Harlon Carter and the grassroots movement took over the convention and cleaned house in the 70s and elected all the non-establishment candidates to the NRA Board.

I became a life member in 1975 and consistently read the bios of the slate each election. I vote against any candidate who is not a hunting supporter and against candidates from Virginia (NRA headquarters) and NYC area. Most lawyers are out too. Sometimes my slate only has a dozen names on it.
It may not matter but it makes me feel better.

I vote against any candidate who is not a hunting supporter and against candidates from Virginia (NRA headquarters) and NYC area. Most lawyers are out too. Sometimes my slate only has a dozen names on it.
i do pretty much the same thing. First i go through the bios and reject most lawyers, all senior police officials and, especially, Joaquin Jackson. Usually vote for 12-15 members.

The hunting aspect is very important to me: that's why i like the Safari Club.

Back