I had to laugh at this email from BPI customer service.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowsolo

Reaction score
This is a reply to a question I sent to BPI on Feb 23 2011. Im still waiting on a email I sent Durasight one week before this email and an email about a order they cancelled for no reason on their CVA store website. 4 weeks is a long time for a reply. This is from yesterday. Calling is the best way to get ahold of them. Dont bother emailing

The question was kinda dumb I know but I wanted to know the exact bore diameter oy my .50 V2 for matching up a tight fitting sabot. I know T/C's barrels are tighter with a .499 diameter so I just wanted an exact number for the V2.

Kinda sounds like they are pushing me to buy Powerbelts. I shot a few WhiteHots today with 2 PB 245gr and 1 AeroLite and I had to run the brass brush through a half dozen times just to loosen the nasty ass crud ring before I could even reload.

But I can shoot shot after shot with my Barnes bullets and a PLASTIC sabot with BH209 all day before cleaning....LOL

HERE IS THE REPLY:

The bore is .50 , we do not recommend the use of sabot’s as the plastic will build up in the bore and make it almost impossible to load a second shot.

We do not have caps to sell .

When responding to e-mail please use your Reply Button.

Thank you,

David H. Meredith

Customer Service Supervisor

Public Relations

(770) 449-4687 Ext. 111

Fax (770) 242-8546

1685 Boggs Rd, Suite 300

Duluth, Georgia 30096

www.BPIguns.com

It will be between .500 - .501.

I hate it when they tell you that you cant shoot sabots because of the plastic build up, almost as funny as tc's you can shoot conicals bcuz the twist is to fast.

When in doubt, its best to ask either on here or any other forum you're on. I like to shoot straight and get to the point rather than give a run around.

Most likely a company guide line they have to follow.

FrontierGander said:
It will be between .500 - .501.

I hate it when they tell you that you cant shoot sabots because of the plastic build up, almost as funny as tc's you can shoot conicals bcuz the twist is to fast.

When in doubt, its best to ask either on here or any other forum you're on. I like to shoot straight and get to the point rather than give a run around.

Most likely a company guide line they have to follow.
Oh for sure! Dont anybody take me the wrong way, I love CVA and love their new ML's but thought the reply was funny. Im not a PB fan tho.

well 3 weeks ago I sent a email about a hat to the bpi site and even faxed a request and still have no answer...so i will take your (no on hats)...they dont have stickers either im sure...then i am still waiting to hear back from my email / fax to them about the screws to plug my holes. I did call when I first got my gun because I was curious about the mount from durasight and It sounded like I woke the guy up..he asked for my serial number and then told me it would fit..

now my question is were to you get a hat if the mfg rep site doesnt have them???

as for Dura sight I purchased my mount from them and it was flawless, they sent me a email right back at every turn of my order from receiving it to processing it to shipping it..

im pretty sure cva sends hat if you send in a picture and a the story to how you shot the animule.

Congrats on the durasight reply from them. I had problems with a "wrong labeled" high mount one piece packaged in a medium labeled package. Not a big deal tho, luckily I found my receipt and took it back and exchanged it for a 2 piece med durasight mount. Thats why I emailed them because all the med one piece mounts were actually all high mounts in med packages.

As for CVA hats, its like being in a brotherhood to get one which I think is kinda cool. You have to shoot a game animal, pose in a pic with it and your CVA rifle and then write a story and then submit it to them and then they mail you a camo CVA hat.

Im trying to find ways around it so I dont have to wait till next hunting season so I'll keep you posted.

Its neat tho knowing when you see a guy wearing one, you know he put his time in to shoot a animal with his CVA rifle and earned a hat........unless he went to a ranch in Texas and hunted out of a tripod and shot a big ol buck while it was feeding on a Tecamate food plot and had a guide tell him which big buck he could shoot out of the 25 shooter bucks that are in the field. Does anyone else find that kinda cheap like I do. Seriously, couldnt just about anybody shoot a nice buck that way?

Snowsolo said:
HERE IS THE REPLY:

The bore is .50 , we do not recommend the use of sabot’s as the plastic will build up in the bore and make it almost impossible to load a second shot.

We do not have caps to sell .

When responding to e-mail please use your Reply Button.
Tons of information right there, you would think he would have at least tryed to put some effort into it. I emailed them last december
looking for some info, never got a reply.

snowsolo,

Regarding the email you received from Dave of BPI on plastic build up, his response was probably "canned" like FG said. BPI does make some excellent products. While I rarely pay much attention to a company's marketing ploy, BPI's response to you was obsolete, unsupported, and dissapointing.

When I first bought my Accura V2 I called them 3 times a day for a week, and never got an answer.

TC always answers, and has bent over backwards to help me.

Latest posts

Back