Indiana opening day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laker

Reaction score
Saturday is finally here. Hope all you bowhunters have a very safe and sucessful season. Good luck to all... Laker

I was extreamly pumped about bow season after everything worked out so I could hunt, but last night I got a call from my cousin asking me not to hunt where I put my stand until late archery season :x :x . He went and scouted around rite after I put my stand up and decided tht I had it in the best area on my aunts property so he doesn't want me to hunt there until after he and his son have shot a few deer. He probably thinks that I am going to leave my stand there for him to use, but when I get off work in the morning I am going out there to take it down.

Now I guess that opening weekend will be spent scouting some other properties that I sometimes hunt, or scouting some property in the Vanderburg county urban zone where another cousin of mine has gotten us permission to hunt. All I know for sure rite now is that the cousin who told me not to hunt whee I wanted to better hope that I do not see him until after I have stuck a deer or 2.

Keep in mind folks that I know HTR and have been down in the area he lives.

HTR is your cousin still your brother? :lol:

Actualy rite now I consider him to be dirt instead of a cousin. IF he did not want me there he could have at least had the courtesy to tell me before I scouted the area, and put up a stand. If it were done like that I would have been OK with it, but now I am extreamly P***** OFF at him.

The spot I had picked out is awsome. It is in a 5 ac patch of trees that seperates a corn field from an alfalfa field. There are 6 persimmon trees within 50 yards of the stand, also several oaks close by. A person might as well be baiting the deer when they find ana rea with this variety of food close together like it is. The stand is within sight of the golf corse at West Boggs lake, and I watched 4 large does walking around on the green after putting it up the evening that I put it up.

Back