It Figures.......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzzle Man

Reaction score
As you may recall I struck out in my first season of Deer hunting. As fate would have it, there was 3 Deer in the back yard today, we live in the country and seeing Deer is not unusual but today there was a huge Doe leading the two that was with her, we had heavy snow last night so they were on the move at midday, it was around 1:30 when I saw them. The Doe had a very round rump and nice overall shape, she would have been a prize. There are a few houses around so don't suggest I hunt in my yard next year, if I slid open the glass door I could shoot one ( or shoot at ) from my easy chair. :D

I have 4 unfilled tags, 3 Deer in the yard, 2 Muzzle Loaders, and NO season left. :lol: They know I'm no threat and continue to mock me.....

Joe

Are you a bowhunter? If not, forget I said anything and save yourself lots of money :wink:

Sorry. I was looking at a plain calendar and made an educated guess. Back to school I go for more edukatin.

That does give me one more week to try for that big 8 that keep hounding me when I'm bow hunting. Seen him 3 times for a total of 2 hours this year in the same draw. He never seems to get closer than 50 yds.

Well that is why it is called hunting instead of shooting... :D

Good luck with the rest of the season.

cayuga said:
Well that is why it is called hunting instead of shooting... :D

Good luck with the rest of the season.

That's the main reason why I'd rather be bowhunting or ML hunting than any other firearm. Both offer more challenge than rifle/slug gun. Bow hunting you have to let them get close, so you're able to watch them, learn their activities, and appreciate them more. ML, typically, you know you only have one shot, so you'd better make it count. Even though I still have it, the only time I've touched the slug gun in the last 5 years was to take the scope mounts off.

If you always get one every time you go out, the fun's gone. IMO

Deer hate me, the three were in the back yard again this morning, browsing in the snow. :D

Joe

Latest posts

Back