Jukar Missfire

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally took my new to me Jukar 45 out. I have another just like it that is a hoot to shoot. But I kept having misfires.

After I pour my powder I tap the side of the stock to get a little powder in the drum. But it seems I'm not getting g any in there. I tried several different kinds of caps to see if it takes a hotter one (I make some real hot ones just for this), but it still took 3 or 4 to ignite the powder. The only way it would fire 1st try is if I pulled the nipple and dropped a few grains in the drum. I even ised my guitar string pick to try and pull a little powder from the breech to the drum, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions (besides getting a better gun, lol) to gettin proper ignition?
TIA

Gonna try and open it up this afternoon. When I tried before the clean out screw wouldn't budge. I may have to soak it a bit first.
I've got several guns with stuck clean out screws. I just remove the nipple and run a pipe cleaner down and through the flash channel. Cleans it out pretty well.

I figure you have a good bit of crud n barnacles growing in the way of your flame
It had been sitting 8 or 8 years when I got it. Had about 50gr of powder with a Powerbelt on it. Then had about 15gr of smokeless with a bare .452 rb sitting on that.

After clearing the barrel I borescoped the barrel to inspect it. The breach looked clean and the barrel looked brand new. After pulling the barrel I cleaned with dawn n hot water. Lots of water was flushed through the drum. I even used a large guitar string through it to make sure it's clear.

About to tear it down again and see what I find.

It had been sitting 8 or 8 years when I got it. Had about 50gr of powder with a Powerbelt on it. Then had about 15gr of smokeless with a bare .452 rb sitting on that.

After clearing the barrel I borescoped the barrel to inspect it. The breach looked clean and the barrel looked brand new. After pulling the barrel I cleaned with dawn n hot water. Lots of water was flushed through the drum. I even used a large guitar string through it to make sure it's clear.

About to tear it down again and see what I find.
Do not load smokeless powder in that Spainish made ML. That is a good way to end up in the hospital or Morgue. Yes if its been loade that long, no wonder it took a bit of work to get it to fire

Well ...
I did a deep cleaning on it last night. Took it out today and put about 50 chunks of lead down the barrel. I only had 1 misfire that may have been my fault. It was a quick remedy to just pull the nipple and drag a few grains from the breech.

Now to work up a load for it and sight it in!

Finally took my new to me Jukar 45 out. I have another just like it that is a hoot to shoot. But I kept having misfires.

After I pour my powder I tap the side of the stock to get a little powder in the drum. But it seems I'm not getting g any in there. I tried several different kinds of caps to see if it takes a hotter one (I make some real hot ones just for this), but it still took 3 or 4 to ignite the powder. The only way it would fire 1st try is if I pulled the nipple and dropped a few grains in the drum. I even ised my guitar string pick to try and pull a little powder from the breech to the drum, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions (besides getting a better gun, lol) to gettin proper ignition?
TIA
Judiciously use this to clean out the fire channel after every shooting session. Some will argue, but take out that screw and clean that area along with running a pipe cleaner through the fire channel to clear and dry after cleaning. Problem is relevant to all Jukar, Cva, Traditions guns.
Breech Scraper - A1610

Attachments

• s670830773561374404_p1497_i4_w480.png
    s670830773561374404_p1497_i4_w480.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back