Knight MK85 Stalker 50 cal Value????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a good price on this rifle I just saw at a local dealer?

Knight MK85 50 cal blued w/Green Camo laminated stock (non-thumhole). Has Musket nipple ignition. Gun is in REALLY nice like new condition, bore is excellent.

Price is $299

Wondering if it should follow me home????

Last edited:
I have the same gun with both the percussion bolt and the 209 setup in like new condition also. Excellent shooter and I would say thats not too bad of a deal but offer them a little less and see if they seem interested. I came across mine in a large lot of guns that I bought and decided to keep it and I really like how it handles and the light weight.

I think thats a fair price. Like Ron said, offer a little less, like $200-250. I paid more for mine with a synthetic stock but still feel it was a fair price.

Last edited:
I don't think its a bad price. I like the laminated stocks, they are really nice. If its really clean as you said, and something you want I don't think you can go wrong. Blued rifles tend to bring less than the SS version, so you might try to offer less. I've been able to purchase a number of SS MK's for that amount or less over the years. They are great rifles all around, I'm sure you will be happy if you get it. Personally I prefer the #11 nipple.

I'd buy it at that price if you like it. I greatly prefer stainless, but there is nothing wrong with a blued MK.

Last edited:
Hope you got the gun bought if so post a few photos they are a really nice looking gun. The Musket nipple can easily be replaced with a #11 nipple depending on which caps you have available.

Back