Lady Attacked By Javelinas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lady Attacked By Javelinas

while walking her dogs.  The blissninnie neighbors had been feeding the coyotes and javelinas. 

She fell to the ground and was mauled by two javelinas that tore at her neck and upper body with their teeth. A neighbor and the woman's husband arrived at about the same time to free her from the animals while the other four javelinas continued to chase her dogs, said Amy Burnett, a Game and Fish spokeswoman.

The woman underwent surgery and remained hospitalized Friday night, Burnett said. One of the dogs also needed surgery. The other was unharmed after a neighbor intercepted it.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/05/07/arizona-woman-recovering-javelina-attack/84096522/

This part of OK has thousands of non-migrating geese.     A  few  do gooders in this neighborhood are feeding the geese.  Geese hang around waiting for handouts all the while crapping cigar sized poop all over the place.

Re: Lady Attacked By Javelinas

I love the idiots that insist on feeding bears... 
What about the term 'wild animal' does not stick 
with these people? 

I blame it on the Yogi Bear propaganda machine. :)

I guess javelinas are more like wild pig than I thought.

Re: Lady Attacked By Javelinas

"A  few  do gooders in this neighborhood are feeding the geese.  Geese hang around waiting for handouts all the while crapping cigar sized poop all over the place."

I had 8 greylag geese at one time. When my son was 2 yo, he was a terror. He chased the geese one day and they attacked him en-masse. After they beat their wings against him, knocked him down, and bit him several times, he left them alone. He's now 6'2", 260 lbs. and he's still leery of geese.

Latest posts

Back